What is Chronic Care Management?
Chronic Care Management is a Medicare sponsored program, supported by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, designed and created to allow us to more closely monitor your health and well being between office visits.
How can I qualify for Chronic Care Management?
Medicare requires eligible patients to have two or more chronic conditions. Our staff will let you know if you meet the guidelines for eligibility.
What happens after I enroll for Chronic Care Management?
If you consent, or verbally agree, to enrollment, then you will be contacted monthly by one of our Care Coordinators. Our team consists of RNs, LPNs, and Medical Assistants trained to discuss your chronic conditions and treatment as directed by your Family Healthcare of Hagerstown provider.
Participation in our Chronic Care Management program will help us stay up to date on your conditions and progress. This also helps in our coordination of care with any other provider or specialist you may be seeing. Our monthly phone calls allow us to improve communication and outcomes, or changes in your health, between your office visits.
Chronic Care Management includes:
- Comprehensive Care Plan
- Direct Access to assigned Care Coordinator
- Medication Management
- Medical Services Coordination
Ask your healthcare provider today about the benefits of Chronic Care Management and how you can enroll in the program.
Chronic Care Management Program Requirements
- You consent to have CCM services provided to you by your Family Healthcare of Hagerstown provider.
- You authorize electronic communication of your medical information with other treating providers as part of coordination of your care.
- You acknowledge that only one provider can furnish CCM Services to you during a calendar month.
- You understand CCM is a cost-share program under Medicare and any portion not covered by your secondary (or Medicare Advantage) insurance will be billed as CCM Services, and your responsibility.
- CCM Services are provided via telephone calls with your dedicated Care Coordinator, who works with your Family Healthcare of Hagerstown provider, helping you manage your chronic health conditions.